Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Mountain Station - Palm Springs, California

While I like the valley station for the tramway, I love the mountain station.  It's got that wonderful mid-century vacation getaway feeling.  It always makes me think of the scene from North by Northwest in the lodge at Mount Rushmore where Eva Marie Saint shoots Cary Grant. 

On approach to the mountain station, finally.

Isn't this a beautiful staircase

An exterior fireplace.

On the other side of the wall, an interior fireplace.  I can just imagine sitting here a smoking jacket sipping on a cocktail with a fire roaring and the wind howling outside on a cold winter's evening.

Outside the station heading walking down to the hiking trails.


View of the city below.  Hey, I think I can see our hotel!

I'm taking a quick break before our hike



View from the tram car before leaving the mountain station.  That's a long way down!

No comments:

Post a Comment