The Women's Club is a one-story, stone veneer, three bay, rectangular
plan building constructed in 1934 with Colonial Revival influences. The
majority of the exterior veneer is of sandstone with limestone used as
decorative features and highlights. The building has a concrete and stone
foundation, gable roof of composition shingles, and an exterior end stone
On the main (north) facade is an original entrance with a six-panel glass
and wood door and four light sidelights. This entrance is recessed within
a large arched opening in the gabled central bay of the building. Windows
on the main facade are arched multi-light metal casement design with
limestone surrounds. At the corners of the building are limestone quoins.
The building rests on a raised basement which has multi-light wood
windows. At the rear of the building is a one-story brick wing which was
built ca. 1850 and was part of the original building on this site. Only
the brick walls of this wing remain and the interior was remodeled during
the 1934 construction.
The interior retains its original floor plan and detailing and includes
Colonial Revival influenced mantles and decorative door surrounds.
The building is sited on an urban lot on the public square in