1600 Pacific Highway - This photo is actually taken from the other side of the building (North Harbour Drive) as we breezed by on a trolley tour. The building was designed in a Spanish Revival style with a Beaux Arts influence. The head architect was Samuel Hamill. The structure was partially funded by the federal government through the WPA. The building was dedicated on July 16, 1938 by President Roosevelt five months before the building was completed. The opening ceremonies were held on December 23, 1938.